Starting January 1st, 2011 anyone who has enrolled in and completed the “Screenwriting Mega Course” may submit a screenplay for consideration for a $20,000 option agreement that will be placed with the film production company “2 Tone Films LLC”.
Submissions will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, but a final decision will be made NO EARLIER than September 2011 to ensure that all screenplays submitted prior to the end of September 2011 are reviewed and considered, after which submissions will be accepted until a screenplay is optioned.
More than one screenplay might be optioned, but at least one is guaranteed to be optioned for $20,000.
Please thoroughly read these Submission Terms prior to submitting your screenplay for review:
Screenplays must be feature length (no less than 90 pages and no more than 150 pages).
Your screenplay should be submitted as a PDF file.
Your screenplay must be written in English.
The screenplay must include at least one credited writer who has enrolled in and completed the Screenwriting Mega Course.
Please read this agreement completely and see FAQs for more details.
Last updated October 30, 2010
A. ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION.
1. In order to submit your screenplay (which, together with the characters, formats, dialogue, plots, themes, stories or ideas therein contained and the title thereof, shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Material”) you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
a. You must be an individual who is 18 years old or older.
b. You have enrolled in and completed the Screenwriting Mega Course on the Site, and not by use of a third party site or by studying unauthorized copies of the material.
c. All enrollment and fees for access to the Screenwriting Mega Course and the Site must be paid in full and you must be a member in good standing.
d. You acknowledge that no fees or payments to Reelwriting or the Site apply to this submission.
e. You agree that this submission is absolutely free of charge, and that all fees and payments to Reelwriting or the Site are for other products and services, such as the Screenwriting Mega Course or Plot Control.
f. You have waited at least 60 days from the date on which you purchased the Screenwriting Mega Course and that your screenplay will be rejected if you submit it earlier than that.
g. You acknowledge that your Material is one of many being submitted for consideration and that only one of those is guaranteed to be optioned, and that no screenplay will be optioned until at least 100 scripts have been submitted for consideration even it extends the anticipated deadline.
B. SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL.
1. In order to be deemed a qualified screenplay for submission, the Material must meet ALL of the following criteria (collectively referred to herein as the “Submission Requirements”):
a. The Material must be in the English language;
b. The Material must be submitted in the following format (there shall be no exceptions): Adobe AcrobatTM PDF;
c. The Material must be at least ninety (90) pages in length and not more than one hundred fifty (150) pages;
d. The Material must contain personally identifiable contact information about you, such as, for example, your name, email address and telephone number on the front title page;
e. The Material has not been bought, optioned or otherwise exposed to motion picture or television studios, financiers, distributors, networks, production companies, talent agencies or management companies.
2. If there are multiple credit writers, you must be one of the credited writers.
3. By submitting the Material, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Material is your original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work and that the Material was created solely by you; (b) the Material neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (c) the Material does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory, libelous, pornographic, or obscene; (d) you own all of the rights in and to the Material free and clear of any liens, encumbrances or other third-party interests or any claims or litigation, whether pending or threatened; (e) you have the full right and power to make and perform this agreement without the consent of any third party; (f) the Material does not contain any “viruses” or other information, code, or material(s) that may damage or otherwise interfere with computer systems or data, or the computer systems or data of any other person or entity; and (g) the Material is submitted by you voluntarily and not in confidence, and no confidential or fiduciary relationship between you and Reelwriting, 2Tone or the Site exists or is being created by this agreement or by your submission of the Material.
4. In addition to making the representations and warranties set forth above, you also acknowledge your understanding of, and agreement to, the following:
a. It is your sole responsibility to protect the Material, including filing or registration the Material with the Writers Guild of America and/or the United States Copyright Office;
b. Reelwriting, 2Tone and the Site are not hereby agreeing to purchase or to arrange for purchase of the Material;
c. No obligation of any kind is assumed or may be implied against Reelwriting, 2Tone or the Site by reason of your having taken the Screenwriting Mega Course;
d. Reelwriting and 2Tone cannot and do not warrant or guaranty that the review of the Material will be complimentary or positive in their evaluation; and
4. Due to high volume, submitted Material cannot be returned. No changes may be made to the Material once it has been submitted. Reelwriting is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccessible, corrupted, or otherwise unusable Material; (b) unauthorized intervention; or (c) any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, server, service provider, electronic or Internet hardware or software congestion, malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Site inaccessibility or unavailability (irrespective of where the problem exists or occurs and without regard to cause of fault).
5. Reelwriting and 2Tone has access to, may create or has created literary materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Material in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. You understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation of any kind because of the use of any such similar or identical material which may have been independently created or may have come to Reelwriting and/or 2Tone from an independent source. Reelwriting and/or 2Tone may use without obligation to you any Material which Reelwriting and/or 2Tone would be free to use if the Material had not been submitted by you, or which is in the public domain, or which was independently conceived of by another person or entity prior to or after your submission.
D. NEGOTIATING WITH REELWRING AND/OR 2TONE.
In the event your Material is selected for the option, you hereby agree to negotiate in good faith exclusively with Reelwriting and/or 2Tone (or its designee) with respect to Reelwriting and/or 2Tone (or its designee’s) exclusive option of the rights in and to the Material or with respect to Reelwriting and/or 2Tone (or its designee’s) attachment to or involvement in the development, production and exploitation of one or more motion pictures, television projects or other audiovisual works based on the Material, which good faith negotiations shall be for not less than ninety (90) days from the date that the Material is first submitted for consideration.
1. By submitting your Material for consideration, you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the subject matter hereof. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. In addition to any other rights which may be granted herein and in any other agreement entered into between Reelwriting and/or 2Tone and you, you grant to Reelwriting and/or 2Tone, and its respective licensees, successors, assigns, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors and assigns, the right to use your name, as well as the title and synopsis of your submitted Material, in all publicity, advertising and promotional activities related to Reelwriting and/or 2Tone, and the Site.
4. If you and Reelwriting and/or 2Tone are unable to agree on the terms of an option agreement, then under such circumstances you unconditionally forfeit all rights, claims and compensations, whether monetary or otherwise, from Reelwriting and/or 2Tone. Under such circumstances you will retain all rights and ownership to the Material, and Reelwriting and/or 2Tone will have no claims or ownership whatsoever to the Material.
5. Reelwriting and/or 2Tone make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the submission of your Material.
6. Reelwriting reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify this Agreement and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the option offering.
7. IN NO EVENT WILL REELWRITING AND/OR 2TONE, ITS LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, RELATED OR AFFILIATED ENTITIES, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS OR PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS OR THE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES OF EACH OF THEM AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS (THE “PARTIES”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR SUBMISSION.
8. YOU HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH REGARD TO AND HOLD REELWRITING AND/OR 2TONE AND THE PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM YOU SUBMISSION INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. REELWRITING AND/OR 2TONE AND THE PARTIES DO NOT NOW AND SHALL NOT IN THE FUTURE HAVE ANY DUTY OR LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, VICARIOUS, CONTRIBUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE INFRINGEMENT OR PROTECTION OF YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF ANY, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBMISSION OR MATERIAL, REVIEWS AND/OR OTHER MATERIALS YOU MIGHT SUBMIT. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD REELWRITING AND/OR 2TONE AND THE PARTIES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, FEES AND COST INCURRED IN DEFENDING AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OR THREATS OF CLAIMS ASSERTED AGANST REELWRITING, 2TONE AND/OR THE PARTIES ARISING FROM YOUR SUBMISSION.
10. Reelwriting and/or 2Tone and this Agreement are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. For any dispute not subject to arbitration according to Paragraph 9 above, you agree to personal jurisdiction by the United States federal and state courts located in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby irrevocably waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and you irrevocably waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Reelwriting and/or 2Tone and its assignees may assign its rights under this Agreement, in whole or in part, in any manner and to any person, corporation or entity that Reelwriting and/or 2Tone shall determine in its sole discretion. You may not assign this Agreement to any third party, and any purported attempt to do so shall be null and void.
13. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
YOUR ELECTRONIC CONSENT TO THIS AGREEMENT (OR TO ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND REELWRITING REFERRED TO HEREIN), WHETHER BY CLICKING “I AGREE” OR SIMILAR BUTTONS PROVIDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY SUCH AGREEMENT, YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY AGREEMENT WITH YOUR INITIALS AND/OR NAME ENTERED INTO A BOX PROVIDED FOR THAT PURPOSE TOGETHER WITH THE AGREEMENT, AND/OR YOUR REGISTRATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SITE AND TO TAKE THE SCREENWRITING MEGA COURSE, SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AND, ACCORDING TO THE PROVISIONS OF UNITED STATES FEDERAL LAW (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UNITED STATES COPYRIGHT LAW) SHALL BE OF THE SAME EFFECT AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED SUCH AGREEMENT MANUALLY. YOUR REGISTRATION TO SUBMIT YOU MATERIAL CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. UPON REELWRITING’S REQUEST, YOU AGREE TO SIGN A NON-ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT. A PRINTED VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR OF ANY NOTICE GIVEN IN ELECTRONIC FORM SHALL BE ADMISSIBLE IN JUDICIAL, ADMINISTRATIVE, OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT TO THE SAME EXTENT AND SUBJECT TO THE SAME CONDITIONS AS OTHER BUSINESS DOCUMENTS AND RECORDS ORIGINALLY GENERATED AND MAINTAINED IN PRINTED FORM.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE REQUIREMENTS (OR ANY OTHER PROVISION HEREIN), DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCREENPLAY.
To send your Material, you MUST agree to the following:
I have fully read the Submission Terms and I agree to it.
I understand that I must retain ALL rights to my screenplay and its content.
I understand and agree that my screenplay must be in a proper screenplay format, no less than 90 pages in length, no more than 150 pages in length, and in an acceptable file format of PDF.
By checking the above boxes and continuing on in this process, you are stating that you agree to, and understand each statement and the Submission Terms.